The Disclosures Specialist is responsible for the timeliness of providing support to New American Funding's Loan Officers by reviewing and preparing initial mortgage disclosures. While a person in this position works closely with Mortgage Loan Officers, it is a function of the Compliance Department due to the necessity for a high level of analytical ability as well as a strong attention to detail. Must be able to read and interpret a Loan Estimate, HUD-1 and 1003, as the Disclosures Specialist is responsible for reviewing items for accuracy that are populated in Encompass360, our paperless loan origination system (LOS), such as loan amount, term, interest rate, taxes, insurance and all other applicable and related fees.
- Prepares all initial mortgage disclosures (i.e. LE)
- Identify and track all assigned loan files/documents that are received in individual queue.
- Review accuracy of information on Loan Estimate (LE) such as mortgage insurance, origination fees, transfer taxes, appraisal, credit report, insurance, escrow, title, etc.
- Monitor timeliness of all disclosures sent by ensuring initial disclosures are being sent no later than the three days after loan is originated.
- Responsible for timeliness and preparation of re-disclosed documents and updating information due to changes of circumstances (COC) such as loan amount changes, re-locking loan due to interest rate changes, program changes, etc.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of all new and updated RESPA guidelines.
- Other duties may be assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Bachelor's degree preferred
- One to two years' experience with preparing initial mortgage disclosures in a position like Processor, Loan Setup, Loan Officer Assistant, Doc Drawer, etc.
- Mortgage industry experience is a plus but not required
Other Duties: This job profile is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and responsibilities, as one may perform additional related duties as assigned in order to meet the needs of the organization.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift up to ten pounds. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information. VISION: See in the normal visual range with or without correction. HEARING: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
[EOE/M/F/D/V. Drug-free workplace.]
Work Authorization: Must be able to verify identity and employment eligibility to work in the U.S.
Your application has been successfully submitted.