Director, Mortgage Consulting- RJB, Private Client Banking
Under minimal supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through education, experience, training and/or certification to manage, lead, and support the sales, growth, and service objectives of mortgage banking loan originations for Raymond James Bank. Responsible for leading the mortgage banking loan originations team in providing value added solutions and support to all Raymond James advisors and clients. Responsibility covers both the Mortgage and Private Wealth Mortgage channels. Leads and performs varied work that is somewhat difficult in character requiring evaluation, originality, and ingenuity to make more complex decisions. Extensive contact with internal and external clients is required to establish, support, and maintain relationships that lead to creating new business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the management of others and provides training in supporting mortgage banking products and relationships with financial advisors.
• Coaches, trains, and assists in identifying opportunities to sell and promote mortgage banking products.
• Coaches, trains, and assists Mortgage Consultants in analyzing client financial needs and position, including high new worth clients, and recommending suitable mortgage loan structure/program based on client circumstances and loan policy.
• Accountable for loan production goals, loan profitability, loan structuring and compliance.
• Assures compliance with all federal and state laws, as well as internal policies and procedures.
• Develops and executes business development and fulfillment strategies.
• Oversight of telephone loan line.
• Performs human resource management activities, including identifying performance problems and approving recommendations for remedial action; evaluating performance; interviewing and selecting staff. Keeps management apprised of personnel.
• Coaches and mentors associates, identifies training needs, and approves development plans.
• Interprets, applies, documents, and recommends changes to organizational policies and procedures.
• Solicits feedback on team performance, addresses areas of opportunity with staff, and follows up with advisors/clients as needed; identifies trends and implements corrective action as necessary.
• Establishes objectives and develops processes and procedures to ensure efficient and timely workflow.
• Understands competitive landscape and help with strategies to provide solutions for the product delivery.
• Helps develop and implement product marketing strategies.
• On point as first line for escalations, complaints, and providing guidance as it relates to mortgage originations.
• Assists Mortgage Consultants with pricing and credit exception approvals as needed.
• Provides guidance to complex problems and needs. Promotes strategic direction and develops tactical plans and completes complex assignments with substantial latitude.
• Develops and maintain strong relationships across all levels of the organization.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Advanced principles, practices, concepts and procedures of mortgages, banking, and financial markets and products.
• Established organizational policies, strategies, and procedures for Raymond James Bank Mortgage Banking and Private Client Banking product offering.
• Proven new business development/origination experience with mortgage lending products.
• Principles and methods for promoting and educating on mortgages.
• Expert knowledge of mortgage products.
• Leading other to achieve objectives/goals.
• Implementing business development strategies.
• Using appropriate interpersonal styles to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
• Providing a high level of client service in the spirit of Raymond James’ Service 1st Commitment.
• Demonstrating leadership, initiative, and comfort working in a fast-paced environment.
• Gathering and compiling information and data.
• Maintaining poise, presence, and professionalism with advisors and their affluent clients in the most difficult circumstances.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Train, coach, mentor and lead the work of others.
• Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
• Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas, and problems are addressed.
• Gather information, identify linkages and trends, and apply, implement, and/or communicate findings.
• Effectively address concerns or challenging questions when they arise.
• Identify problems, gather facts, develop solutions.
• Manage multiple tasks with changing priorities to meet deadlines and goals in a fast-paced environment.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Articulate reasons behind decisions.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Lead others in providing a high level of client service.
• Identify the needs of advisors/clients through effective questioning and listening techniques.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all organizational levels.
• Maintain currency in mortgage services and products.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Finance or related field and a minimum ten (10) years of experience in mortgage lending with a minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated business development experience and three (3) years of management experience.
• OR ~
• An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training as approved by Human Resources.
• NMLS license required.
Raymond James Bank is an EOE/AA and VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Priority will be given to protected veterans
EOE/AA: Female/Minorities/Disabled/Protected Veterans/LGBT
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
• Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
• Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
• Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
• Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
• Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm
At Raymond James – we honor, value, respect the uniqueness, experiences, and backgrounds of all of our Associates. When associates bring their best authentic self, our organization, clients and communities thrive, it is part of our part of our people-first culture. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs.
US-FL-St. Petersburg-Saint Petersburg
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eligible for Discretionary Bonus Yes
Your application has been successfully submitted.