Consumer Loan Processor
Processes, closes, and disburses consumer loans and pre-approved drafts in a centralized processing area.
- Processes, closes, and disburses a variety of titled collateral loans, including purchases from lease companies and individuals, refinancing from other lending institutions, and purchases from dealerships both within and outside of the state of Florida.
- Establishes and maintains friendly, professional rapport with consumer loan applicants, dealers, buyers, and sellers. Answers questions and returns phone calls and electronic communications in a timely manner and according to established performance standards and benchmarks.
- Prepares loan and department of motor vehicle documents, obtaining required signatures. Disburses loan proceeds, cross sells ancillary products, and perfects liens on collateralized loans.
- Verifies accuracy of loan documentation, disbursement of payment to dealers either though ACH or mail, verification of lien perfection, release of liens on trade-in titles, and completion of Uniform Commercial Code Financing Statement forms upon receipt of documentary drafts from dealers.
- Prepares, monitors, and completes title work for all collateralized vehicle loans on refinances, individual purchases, lease buy-outs, and out-of-state dealerships.
- Completes Member Solutions loan maintenance, including auto forbearance, loan re-ages, restricted bankruptcies add-ons, and deficiency balances.
- Monitors, indexes and assigns documents received via Rightfax and Onbase queues.
- Completes loan transfers and inputting of loan requests for members on behalf of other departments.
- Contacts members to make repayment arrangements and/or input a loan request when a deficit loan balance occurs.
- Provides support to Service Centers and Member Care Center regarding loan document preparation, loan processing and disbursements, booking errors, title work, and error correction requests related to Quality Control auditing.
- Issues and cancels GAP and Mechanical Repair Coverage policies when funding the loan.
- Balances Loan Department accounting center on a daily basis
- Completes member loan maintenance requests, including extension, rate buy down, rate roll down, due date change, add/remove ancillary products, and payment recalculation.
- Attends job-specific training classes as requested by manager. Completes annual BSA/AML Compliance Training and understands employee’s role in maintaining an effective BSA/AML compliance program, and completes FACT Act Red Flag training.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 or more years previous work experience as a loan processor with a financial institution.
- Able to prioritize tasks, deal effectively with competing and changing priorities, and meet deadlines. Accurate, detail-oriented, and organized. Able to resolve routine problems and situations.
- Good math skills in order to calculate title fees, sales tax, documentary stamps, and loan to value ratios.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Credit Union products, services, policies, and procedures, especially as they apply to consumer loan processing.
- Good knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance necessary to successfully perform job responsibilities, including Military Lending Act, Truth In Lending Act, and FACT Act.
- Good knowledge and understanding of all Credit Union computer systems and software programs required to perform job duties.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills in order to interact professionally and effectively with staff and members.
- Work is closely supervised.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Vision requirements include close and classroom vision. Periodically required to travel by automobile. Periodically required to work other than normal business hours.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the on-going needs of the Credit Union.
Your application has been successfully submitted.