This job is no longer accepting applications.
Position: Licensing Specialist
Location: Tustin, CA
The Licensing Report Specialist supports the Licensing Department. Responsible for preparing and filing xml reports in NMLS (call reports) and with state regulators for monthly, quarterly, annual reporting and audits. Assists in insuring that compliance requirements are satisfied and the timely filing of all reports. Must have excellent Excel and XML spreadsheet experience and experience with NMLS Call Reports. May require a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Proficiency with Xml and Excel a must. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Reports to licensing department head.
- Prepare reports with xml and excel spreadsheets from Encompass platform for NMLS and state regulatory reporting requirements.
- Insure reporting accuracy for loan level data and servicing compliance.
- Work with licensing department for branch and individual licensing requirements, filing and reporting.
- Complete a monthly audit of all Mortgage Loan Originators and Branch Offices.
- Licensing Compliance research.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate advanced product knowledge of FHA, VA, Conventional and other loan programs such as Home Equity Lines of Credit, 2nd Mortgages, Home Improvement, down payment assistance and bond programs.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of federal and state guidelines, rules and regulations such as RESPA, TILA, HMDA, etc.
- Advanced ability to analyze complex tax returns and accurately calculate income for all types of borrowers.
- Proficient with XML and Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, customer service, and communication with all parties involved in the loan cycle.
- Proficient with Encompass, or other paperless mortgage loan origination systems.
- Understanding of all compliance regulations and investor guidelines.
- 2-4 years' mortgage experience preferred.
- Experience with NMLS call reports.
- Must be familiar with XML and Excel spreadsheets.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Work Authorization: Must be able to verify identity and employment eligibility to work in the U.S.
Other Duties: This job profile is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and responsibilities, as one may perform additional related duties as assigned in order to meet the needs of the organization.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift up to ten pounds. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information. VISION: See in the normal visual range with or without correction. HEARING: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
[EOE/M/F/D/V. Drug-free workplace.]
Your application has been successfully submitted.