SBA Portfolio Underwriter III
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Responsible for the evaluation and underwriting of Business Banking SBA/USDA loan applications to determine credit worthiness and compliance to Huntington lending and SBA/USDA policies.
- Reviews and analyzes all customer financial information to ensure sound credit decisions are made.
- Documents the detail and requirements of loan decisions, including conditions to close.
- Effectively communicates and acts as a liaison to internal customers to resolve business lending issues.
- Completes decisions in a timely manner.
- Maintains knowledge of Huntington lending policies, risk rating requirements and compliance standards.
- Provides coaching and guidance to bankers in the field regarding sound lending practices and managing credit risk.
- Must be capable of working independently on larger, complex credit requests.
- Adheres to bank policies and procedures and complies with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provides management team with mentorship support for other underwriters or credit analysts within designated group.
- Accountable for risk management, compliance and audit performance for area(s) of responsibility whether a supervisor, manager or individual contributor.
- Establishes or works with management to develop effective controls and processes to ensure risks are measured, monitored and controlled and compliance requirements are adhered to on an on-going basis.
- Maintains current knowledge of risk-related changes that may impact assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience analyzing and underwriting loans for business/commercial clients.
- Experience with SBA or other government guaranteed loan programs
- Formal credit training preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills, highly motivated, focused and goal oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including professional grammar and demeanor
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, planning and follow-up
- Ability to build and expand quality internal and external customer relationships.
- This is an in-market position.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Tobacco-Free Hiring Practice: Visit Huntington's Career Web Site for more details.
Agency Statement: Huntington does not accept solicitation from Third Party Recruiters for any position
Your application has been successfully submitted.