Loan Officer Assistant
Hometown Lenders, Inc. is a fully integrated, multi-channel mortgage lender. We are a closely-knit, professional organization committed to providing the highest level of customer service through highly experienced loan consultants utilizing the most innovative technology available.
HomeTown Lenders, Inc is currently looking for a self-driven candidate to join our experienced, tight-knit and growing team in our Georgetown, TX location – Waymaker Mortgage! Waymaker Mortgage has it's headquarters in Austin, TX and is powered by HomeTown Lenders, Inc - a national lender.
At Waymaker Mortgage, we believe in providing the most simple and enjoyable mortgage experience available with cutting edge technology and a personalized human touch. Our vision is to serve 25,000 families in achieving their American dream of homeownership by 2025. We are committed to our clients and referral partners in these three vital areas:
1. You deserve HOPE for success! Regardless of how complex the situation may look, there's always a way to make successful homeownership possible.
2. You deserve to experience PEACE through your home financing journey. Mortgages are complex with over 150 steps involved for every loan. There's no such thing as "push button, get mortgage" and often there are challenges that come up along the way. No matter what happens, our team will stick with you to provide amazing communication, answer all your questions and make sure you have the most peaceful experience possible!
3. You deserve to discover the JOY of the perfect place to call home!
- Serve as the primary contact during the “contact to contract” phase of the loan process and liaison between clients, referral partners, and the loan officer and conduct meetings to coordinate any follow-up items.
- Check each document in the loan package for omissions, discrepancies, and inaccurate income calculations and promptly notify the loan originator of any errors.
- Create and nurture relationships with both referral partners and borrowers to draw in new business and retain our existing clients.
- Orchestrate the completion of loan applications, coordinate the collection of documentation including credit reports, run DU/LP/AUS, prepare the file for processing, and send a closing cost worksheet to borrowers.
- Answer questions from customers or employees regarding transactions and give quotes when required to deliver excellent customer service.
- Working knowledge of automated underwriting systems such as DU and LP.
- Able to accurately analyze income, asset documents, and credit reports, and knows how to structure the information properly for a loan.
- Valid NMLS license or must be willing to get licensed within 90 days.
- Must have current working knowledge of mortgage loan products (FHA/VA/CONV/USDA) and knowledge of mortgage procedures, processes, and documentation.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a LOA/Loan Partner, Processor, Loan Officer, and/or Underwriter role, 5+ years experience is preferred.
What We Offer You!
Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
Company matched 401(k) retirement savings plan
Paid Time Off
Hometown Lenders, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.