This job is no longer accepting applications.
Accept.inc is a new kind of mortgage company that upgrades any offer to an all cash offer. Our mission to level the homebuying playing field in real estate so that any buyer who can qualify for a mortgage has an equal chance at homeownership. We do this by giving homebuyers who need a mortgage the ability to make cash offers with our cash. The best neighborhoods and school districts shouldn’t be reserved for those who have hundreds of thousands or millions in the bank. If someone can qualify for a mortgage, they can now win with an Accept.inc cash offer.
We are looking for an Underwriting Manager to lead a team of mortgage underwriters and support our team as we scale the business. They are ready to roll up their sleeves and make things happen.
This is a hands-on management role and it will be required step in and underwrite loans as needed. This role will interact with members of the loan processing, underwriting, closing, and other teams and may communicate with borrowers as needed.
- Coach and train underwriters on best practices and support complex analysis and advanced problem solving
- Analysis of credit to determine borrower's ability to pay Secondary market guidelines, including FNMA/FHLMC to underwrite loan; verify data against documentation for income, assets, credit, property
- Oversee underwriting pipeline and conduct second review for suspended/declined loans
- Respond to underwriting questions from internal and external customers, providing clarity and direction as appropriate.
- Planning, assigning, and directing employee's work
- 5+ years related mortgage industry experience
- 3+ years in direct underwriting
- Recent knowledge of mortgage underwriting guidelines demonstrated through recent underwriting experience (within past five years)
- Must have prior leadership experience
- Experience working with conforming & jumbo loans; Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
- Experience calculating & reviewing income statements
- 8+ years related mortgage industry experience
- 5+ years focused in Underwriting
- 2+ years experience as a team leader, coaching & mentoring employees, training others
$135,000- $165,000 yearly salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.