Home Loan Processor
Patelco Credit Union
Dublin, CA, USA
About Patelco Credit Union
We’re here to help people in communities throughout Northern California build financially healthy lives. We do this by being attentive and partnering with our members to understand what is financially best for them. We thrive on change, and we put people first. If you’re looking to use your skills and knowledge to make a difference in the lives of others, we look forward to hearing from you.
Patelco is a not-for-profit credit union, serving the financial needs and aspirations of more than 400,000 members. What we earn, we return to our members in savings from lower loan rates, fewer fees, and personalized service that focuses on transparency, simplicity, and trust. Our mission remains the same as when we started in 1936, to provide products, services, education and expertise that will empower our members to rise up and achieve financial freedom.
In this role, responsibilities will include all aspects of Mortgage Loan Processing from reviewing new loan setups to assisting members.
- Responsible for ensuring that all loan documentation is complete and accurate
- Calculate income, review bank statements, verifies member credit, employment and reserves. Order additional documentation to complete loan file
- Communicate with various companies to obtain Property Report, Flood Certificate, Title Commitment and payoff information
- Delivers completely documented file to the underwriter which is ready for approval or denial
- Assure that all files are complete and in compliance within RESPA, TIL, HMDA, Reg B (all mortgage related regulations) and internal policies
- Prepare commitment letters, denial letter and cancel files when necessary
- Manage pipeline by reports within established turn-around time
- Serve as primary point of contact for applications in process
- Provide members with timely and periodic status updates of their loan application
- Communicates professionally with members and vendors, as evidenced by outstand member survey ratings
- Understand and comply with all applicable federal and state laws and banking regulations (including those related to OFAC and Bank Secrecy Act / Anti-Money Laundering compliance) and Patelco Credit Union’s policies and procedures
- 2+ years of professional experience processing mortgage and home loans
- Strong analytical skills – Ability to analyze salaried and self-employed income including schedules C and E
- Knowledge of conventional underwriting guidelines and regulatory statutes concerning residential real estate lending
- Working knowledge of mortgage loan origination systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Communciate effectively with members, loan agents, and other parties involved in the mortgage loan transaction
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills with the ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects simultaneously
- The ability to work independently while being a genuine "team player"
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate with employees and managers at all levels
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work under pressure and deliver projects within given deadlines
- An inspiring career that benefits both you and your community
- Competitive compensation packages with bonus opportunity
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision benefits with minimal eligibility waiting period
- Generous 401(k) with 3% Safe Harbor and 5% employer match
- Discounts on loan products
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Center at HQ and rewards for healthy habits
- Close proximity to BART, restaurants and shopping
Patelco Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Your application has been successfully submitted.