Consumer Direct Loan Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending businesses empower millions of customers to achieve their dreams every day. Whether it’s buying a home, purchasing a car, funding a significant purchase, or making important daily credit card purchases, Consumer Lending provides important credit products and services that help our customers succeed. The group includes Home Lending; Auto; Cards, Retail and Merchant Services; Personal Lending; Consumer Lending Control; and Consumer Lending Shared Services.
The Consumer Lending team partners with other businesses across Wells Fargo to create and deliver transformational experiences that help customers gain access to credit. The vision for the Consumer Lending business is to leverage technology and data to make it simple for customers to easily access credit when and where they need it. Consumer Lending serves customers across the country through our distribution network of more than 5,300 retail banking branches and Home Lending offices, as well as online and digital channels.
CAREER ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES!!!
•Pay: $31,200 - $200,000 Plus
•Commission plan with potential earnings above $200k
•401(k) | 6% company match!
•PTO | New team members will receive 18 days paid time off PLUS 12 paid Holidays! PTO is prorated based on start date throughout the year.
•Full Benefits | Medical, Dental, Vision!
•Tuition Reimbursement opportunities!
•Remote Work Opportunity
•While this position is located in San Antonio, TX, candidates must reside within a within a reasonably commutable distance from this location. After a period of 90 days this position has the potential for remote work opportunity.
Wells Fargo is looking to hire a Home Mortgage Consultant to support our Consumer Direct Team. Our Mortgage Origination team builds strong relationships with consumers and referral partners to help our customers reach their personal and financial goals through homeownership. Mortgage Consultants provide answers and guidance regarding mortgage-related products and services for clients, customers, and potential customers.
Our Mortgage Consultants thrive on customer interaction and never miss an opportunity to enhance and deepen the customer's relationship. They are skilled communicators, are organized, have strong integrity, are highly motivated, and strive to reach and meet goals.
Collaborative work environment
Positive approach to educating customers
Dedication to doing what’s right
Leads and marketing provided
Roles & Responsibilities
• Completing loan applications, pricing loans, locking loan rates and communicating to borrowers during loan process in accordance with WFC policies and procedures.
• Building relationships, showcasing and enhancing sales skills, assisting clients to reach personal financial goals through homeownership, and partnering to help build our business.
• Generating mortgage business through inbound and outbound lead generation while working in our professional Centralized Sales Center. This may include sourcing business from affiliated business partners. Leads and marketing material are provided and self-sourcing of business is not required.
• This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
• Site hours: 7am-9pm Monday through Friday and rotating weekends may be required. There will be shift bids.
Position offers salary plus commission, incentive.
Required location for this position is:
•4101 Wiseman Blvd San Antonio, TX 78251-4200
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: sales offering products and services to customers based on their needs, home lending experience, collections experience, phone based customer service experience or Military experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Call center experience
- Financial industry experience
- Knowledge and understanding of mortgage sales and origination processes
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- Ability to provide and work from a home office
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
- Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.